10.26.2012

Fall Weather & Pumpkins


The fall weather has certainly started in Georgia as of last weekend. It was a bit warm this week, especially for wearing a suit for an interview, but will be getting cooler this weekend. We are looking forward to the cooler weather and plan on enjoying a nice hike together in the near future.

Mercer University School of Medicine Class of 2013 recently hosted a BBQ fundraiser for raising funds for our Match Day & Honors Night activities that will occur in the spring. I carved an MUSM pumpkin for the event and a smaller, traditional pumpkin for the children's activities table. It was a lot of fun, and I don't remember how many years it has been since I'd carved a pumpkin. I decided to attempt a more challenging design next. Ryan is quite the Star Wars fan, so I decided to try carving a Darth Vader pumpkin. We didn't have a small enough tool to carve all of the detail in his nose, but I was really pleased with the results!

MUSM & classic Halloween pumpkins



Darth Pumpkin

No comments:

Post a Comment